A "trusted contact person" is a person that you authorize our firm to contact in limited circumstances, such as if we have trouble reaching you or we have a reasonable belief that your account may be exposed to possible financial exploitation. Your trusted contact person must be age 18 or older.
Important Note: Naming someone as a trusted contact person does not give that person any authority to act on your behalf, execute transactions, or engage in your account activity.
It is not mandatory that you designate a trusted contact person on your Stockpile account, but there are several important reasons to do so, such as:
- If we cannot reach you, adding a trusted contact person to your account may help us ensure that your current address and contact information are correct.
- Adding a trusted contact person to your account may help us respond to possible financial exploitation or fraud in your account and protect your account's assets.
- If we suspect that you are experiencing a health issue, adding a trusted contact person to your account may help us confirm your current health status.
- Adding a trusted contact person to your account may help us verify the identity of any legal guardian, executor, trustee, or holder of a power of attorney on your account.
We encourage you to designate a trustworthy person in your life as your Trusted Contact Person on your Stockpile account.
To add a Trusted Contact, click the button above. Or...
- Log into your Stockpile account
- Select 'Account' in the mobile app menu or 'Settings' on the web
- Enter your Trusted Contact information