The deadline for CapitalOne's ShareBuilder transition to E-Trade is quickly approaching. August 8th, 2018 ShareBuilder is not part of the ACAT network so account transfers take longer than normal. If you submit a transfer request between August 1st and August 7th we will make our best effort to process the transfer.
Welcome to Stockpile!
As a licensed fractional shares brokerage, we’re delighted to help you transition from CapitalOne ShareBuilder so you can continue investing for your future without missing a beat.
Top 10 things you can do at Stockpile:
- Buy and sell fractional shares of your favorite stocks and ETFs
- Give e-gifts or physical gift cards of stock to loved ones
- More than 1,500 stocks, ETFs and ADRs to choose from
- 99¢ a trade with no monthly fees or account minimums
- Pay for new stock with your credit card, debit card, or cash in your account
- Get cash from your bank instantly using your debit card (fees apply)
- Link your checking account for fee-free deposits and withdrawals
- Reinvest your dividends for free
- Kids & teens can place trades on their own, which you then approve
- Download the iOS and Android app for the best mobile experience
4 easy steps to transfer your stock to Stockpile:
- Review the CapitalOne ShareBuilder "transfer out" process so you know what will need to be provide back to them.
- Sign up for a Stockpile account
- Email your most recent CapitalOne ShareBuilder account statement to email@example.com
- We will send you a form that’s mostly pre-filled — just complete, sign, and send it back to us!
A few important things to ensure it all goes smoothly:
- Please make sure the account name from CapitalOne exactly matches your Stockpile account.
- Please sell / liquidate foreign, non-ADR’s stocks or stocks trading below $6.00 per share before sending back the form to us.
- CapitalOne ShareBuilder will only transfer full shares unfortunately. You will be able to continue to purchase fractional shares of your stocks once they are in your Stockpile account.
We’ll take care of the rest, including coordinating with CapitalOne ShareBuilder to make sure your assets arrive at Stockpile safe and sound.
We don’t charge anything for incoming transfers and carry virtually every stock CapitalOne ShareBuilder carries. If there are stocks that we don't currently carry we will work those out on a case-by-case basis with you.
Please note that CapitalOne ShareBuilder is not part of the Automated Customer Account Transfer Service (ACATS) system which means that once we receive all of your paperwork it will take 8-10 days for the transfer of your assets to process.
We think you’re going to love Stockpile. Sign up today!